Literally went into trance after reading 1984 by George Orwell (novel on Dystopian socialistic society) and then A Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (novel on Dystopian capitalistic society) in mid-2020. After reading, watching and listening to their different versions I went into deep anxiety by relating whatever we were facing during this COVID19.
After a few months of no-reading mood, thanks to an accidental read, IKIGAI, motivated me again to rediscover my inner self and then the sky was the limit again….Read quite interesting books on self-discovery especially few of them are listed below:
1. 1984 by George Orwell (must read but after COVID19 fears)
2. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley (must read but after COVID19 fears)
3. IKIGAI by Hector Garcia (strongly suggested – on how to live happily without fear)
4. Atomic Habits by James Clear ( awesome read- on how small routines can change your life)
5. Ready Steady Go by Deepak Mehra ( a must-read to understand the new norm of corporate sector)
6. I will go with you by Priya Kumar (nice novel and webseries was good too (Final Call) )
7. Dark White by Shweta Brijpuria (an intense novel with an interesting storytelling technique – webseries was also good (Dark 7 White))
8. Magic of Thinking Big by David Schwartz (must read)
9. Hind Yatra by Mumtaz Mufti (classics are always satisfying)
Though my target was to read 52 books last year yet ended up reading only 40, but this year plan to achieve at least 60 books and to write 2 books as well…wish me luck….
Do tell me your interesting reads of 2019….stay blessed
Leave a Reply